Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Last of 1st Mennonite Pretty Prairie cemetery

Some random photos from the cemetery


I suppose we are distantly related to this couple above but not sure how.  He was our piano tuner and when we were young marrieds, we wanted a piano.  Ted said he would keep his eye out for us.  He found this upright grand in a church basement in Hutch and we were able to purchase it for a song!  An 1893 Emerson. He delivered it and even tuned it for us.  All our children learned on this old piano.



A surprise to find this grave in a Mennonite cemetery as they are pacifists.



And there were too many of these:









Psalm 139:16

New Living Translation 
You saw me before I was born.
    Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
    before a single day had passed.


John 14:1-4 “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God;
believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. 
If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare 
a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will 
come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you 
may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.”

No comments: