Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Saturday, May 18, 2013

a little walk

I took the girls with me to visit Grandpa Pete and Grandma Lois.  It was time for exercise classes so we wheeled Grandpa over.


 We went on a little walk passed the Kaufman Museum and the historic farmstead.

 And into the woods.  Sophie said we should pretend we were in a jungle!
 There are wild creatures lurking!

Hannah wanted to do some photography.  She requested that we walk and don't turn around!

"Hold hands!"
(not that I like my bum photographed!)

We had to see the horses! 
 Hannah knows just how to click her tongue to call them to come.

 One by one they came over to say hi and see if we had anything good to offer them to eat.
 Sorry, just grass.
 On our way back to the home, Sophia picked up a nut and stomped on it to break it open.

 "Onbu" - Japanese word for piggy back

See the siren behind the house?  Necessary tornado warning for our state.  We haven't seen major tornadoes for awhile, but they say this weekend we just might!  I do like storms, but not tornadoes!!!
 Hannah loved taking lots of pictures of various things.



We picked Dad and Mom up from their class and started walking back to their duplex.

Isn't this an interesting quilt?
"Dear Helen" quilt by Ethel Ewert Abrahams in memory of her mother.  Hand pieced and quilted using over 200 different pieces of authentic 1880's fabric.

 As we walked by the cafeteria, we were invited to join their popcorn party.



 I was taking too many shots of someone with their eyes closed so I told them to keep their eyes OPEN!
 And, oh my, they did!

A stop to see the birds.
 And we passed by their friends' Charlie and Lillian's grandma.  We had to say "hi"!

 And Miss Chip from the assisted living unit.

What a fun time we have with Grandpa Pete and Grandma Lois!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that quilt! It's like it's a quilt made up of a bunch of tiny quilts (of different patterns)!

P.S. With your interest in Japan, I thought you might like to know that one of my "please prove you're not a robot" words was "Sake"!