Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Saturday, June 8, 2013

Packing up

Everyone thought this was the week to move.

My father, our daughter, Mindy, our daughter, Jill & family and Al's brother and wife.

We saw my Dad leave the hospital and settle in a room at healthcare.  He is close to Mom and she can just walk over to see him.  We are hoping that his health can improve and he can eventually move back.

Mindy moved this past week.  She hired it done, but we went to help with hanging up some curtains, pictures and a new shower head.  Her place is so lovely!  She has quite the eye for design I think! 




Mindy is the Queen of moving.  She has it down to a science!  And like me, she wants to hang up pictures and curtains right away and not wait weeks to do it like some people do.

On Saturday when Adam and Jill were to move, the forecast said rain.  We thank the Lord that the sun shone until almost evening.  It was raining by the time we got home.

A whole group of dear friends came to help the kids pack up 4 trailers.  It took only an hour and 15 minutes!   Of course, Jill and Adam put in many hours packing up boxes before this move day.






 The "littles" were great helpers too!



I wasn't there to help as I was at my house taking care of 2 little sick girls.  Yes, the youngest 2 got sick the night before the move.  Sophie felt better after a night's sleep, but she didn't want to go to see them move her house.  It was just too sad for her.

I sent my camera and instructed them to have someone take photos of the move!  When I saw this picture on the camera, I had to cry.  My husband and my daughter.  It's hard to see her move far away.  OK.  It isn't too far, but it is far for me.





Drubers donuts are the best anytime, but especially when one is working so hard!




Thanks to all who came to help the kids pack up the trailers!!  Next post - the welcome to the new house.

As for Al's brother, well, we are not omnipresent and we were not able to help them.  Hopefully they had good friends to help them too!

1 comment:

Clay Delgado @ World Packaging Inc said...

I actually understand the need to put up pictures and curtains as soon as you can. I think it's one way to make the new house seem more like a home... once you're able to find which box they're packed in at least. Haha! I know some people who take months to get settled because of so much stuff to sort through. Maybe Mindy should share her moving tips.