Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Monday, July 29, 2013

Action Packs


Every Christmas season I get so excited to support Operation Christmas Child through Samaritan's Purse.  


It is so fun to go to the store and pick out toothbrushes, toothpaste, combs, crayons, and of course, TOYS for the little children.  I usually fill my boxes for children the same age as my grandchildren.


Wouldn't it be fun to be on the receiving end and watch the children open their shoeboxes?!?!

...........

Recently I found out about putting together an Action Pack through Voice of the Martyrs.  The Action Pack is a great way to get involved with the persecuted church and make a real difference in the lives of affected Christians!


When refugees arrive at a camp, they usually have only the clothes they are wearing.  Often they have fled their homes in haste.  So one of the ways that VOM assists them is through the gift of an Action Pack.  These packs are distributed in the camp.


So here in July, I went shopping and had so much fun getting the items that were listed for my Action Pack kit that I received in the mail.  I put those things in the bag from the list that was sent to me (blanket, towel, flip-flops, light sweaters, t-shirts, colored pencils, pens, writing tablets) and I have mailed it out!  They will include a Gospel story book or Bible in their language.  Praying that it will bless someone in the Sudan!



If you want to join me in blessing these persecuted Christians in these countries, you can click on the above link for Voice of the Martyrs and they will send you an Action Pack to get started!

 "Whoever wishes to meet Jesus must meet Him in places where brothers and sisters of Jesus are hungry, thirsty, naked, unwanted, sick or in prison.  Whoever keeps himself distant from these places remains distant from Jesus."  VOM founder Richard Wurmbrand (1909-2001)


No comments: