Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A trip to California

After Mom moved out of her duplex on the Kidron campus and into health care, I still was not sure about leaving on our planned trip to California.  Al had a hospital pharmacists convention and I enjoy going along.  He'd asked me several months ago if I'd go.  I even hesitated then, saying I was worried about my parent's health.

I knew Mom was in good hands and she insisted that I not cancel this time with my husband.  We said our byes and knew that our daughters, Jill and Mindy would check in on Mom and so would my brother and his wife.


I have to admit I over-packed.  I wanted options.  My mother would have been dissappointed in me. Ha!  Mom's rule of thumb has always been "Pick out what you want to take, then put 1/2 of it back in the closet."  She believes in traveling light.  I get that, but I didn't do it.

I heard of one lady on a tour-guided trip to the Holy Land who took a pair of geans and 2 red shirts and a couple "wash over-night" undies.  Since they were different places every day, it didn't matter. And since she was wearing red, everyone always knew where she was or if she was missing.  Easy to fly with hardly any luggage!


Usually when we go to a pharmacy conference, we try to get very nice hotels.  This year they were booked early and so we just got a plain-jane hotel.  But it was ok.  Do you see that outside the window?!  I love palm trees!!  I love tropical weather!!

While Al was at meetings, I worked on several projects.  Time just zipped by and I didn't get everything done that I wanted to.

On the last day in Annaheim, we knew we just had to go to

DISNEYLAND!

I wish we could have had our grandchildren along!!  I did the next best thing - I wore my grandchildren necklace, so they were with me "in spirit".

The first thing we did at the park was take a train ride all around the park.
Isn't he just an adorable little man?

  We hopped on a trolley next.

 A lot of little girls wore princess dresses.
We were in fairy-tale land!



We weren't on any time agenda so decided to do everything we could.  I wanted to go on rides that I remembered from when I was 8 years old!

This teen is enthralled with this family outing.



Wipee!!






















More to come....

No comments: