Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Sunday, February 15, 2015

Trip to KC - IKEA!


After our visit with our Zambien boys, we spent the night at my brother's house.  We laughed and had such a great time staying up late and sleeping in too!  The guest room is in the basement so nice and dark!  I like how Dave and Linda decorated their window well!
                         
Talk about window wells - we have had a rabbit in ours.  As well as frogs and snakes.  Can't beat my uncle though.  He had a pig fall in his!!  True story.

                         


I told Linda that I had heard so much about IKEA from my friends and that I would love to go see it! Everyone was talking about it.  So off we took.  The garage was a covered garage.  Nice.


I didn't get a photo, but there is a children's check-in place so that you can shop without the little ones!  They probably would prefer playing with toys rather than being told "don't touch that"  "put that back!" etc.  And what a ploy for IKEA.  Parents are more likely to shop longer and buy more!


There is a cool children's area though and I'm sure many children beg for items!

We were impressed!
Yes, we did get a few things!
Will have to take my daughters and daughter-in-law at Christmas! 
 On the way back to the house, we stopped to purchase some rocks for making some cairns.

The rocks Dave had were huge and inexpensive too!  I had checked out rocks around our neck of the woods and they were a little pricey.  So I picked some up for me.   Here is a picture of the ones I set up once I got home.  I wrote a blogpost about cairns:




Dave and Linda made a very special lunch for us!



Al relaxes while he waits.


Look a that food!!  Delicious!!!



Thanks guys!!

No comments: