Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Saturday, April 2, 2016

Easter 2016

It's been a week since Easter.  We woke up to a beautiful snowfall that morning!

 The redbud was wrapped in white!  I thought it might be the end of the buds.

The willow was drooping heavily!

 



This was actually our first and only real snow for this winter.
We had had a dusting but it didn't count.

 

 I loved seeing all the photos on Facebook that everyone posted.
We were all excited to see this Easter snow!

We were reminded of the verse from Isaiah 1:18
"Though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow."

Now THAT is an Easter verse!



On the way to church, I noticed this snowman.
A family had been busy!


This one is so funny!


The church playground was covered.  I knew we wouldn't be going out to play since the children would be wearing their sweet spring Easter outfits!

Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day  (1 Corinthians 15:3,4)
 

I used the Easter eggs to tell the story to the children.  They LOVED each having a turn opening up the eggs.
 He was in the grave 3 days.
1.....2.....3!
(cracks me up that the children each have a different finger held up)
 "You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified.  He has risen!  He is not here!

"He appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve.  After that, He appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time..."  1 Cor. 15:5,6

Imagine what that must have been like!  What if my doorbell rang and when I opened the door, my own dear parents would be standing there, alive!  Would I scream for joy or what??  How happy the disciples must have been!  My parents are very much alive now, in heaven, with Christ.  They have seen Him face to face!

"If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. "  vs. 13

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."  John 3:16


Later that afternoon, the temperatures rose and everything began to melt.

The grandchildren's snowman met his own demise.

And I was so happy to see that my budding trees were no worse for the wear.


No comments: