Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Storms - Boomity, boomity, boom

We have had some storms lately. 


Dare I say they were pretty?  I LOVE to watch clouds!
I don't want to make light of the fact that they were perilous for folks in Oklahoma.


 The sky was a funky color.


This past Sunday morning, it was storming outside.
My 3-year-old Sunday School children were looking out the window 
and hearing the thunder go
Boomity, Boomity, Boom!
So we had to sing the following song!
I have taught the children this song to the tune Hickory, Dickory, Dock (and they love it!):

Drippety, drippety, drop,
I see the rains drops plop.
The clouds are dark
The rain falls down,
Drippety, drippety, drop.
       Plip, plop!

Boomity, boomity, boom
I hear the thunder boom,
Cover your ears so you can't hear,
Boomity, boomity, boom!






Zoomity, zoomity, zoom
I see the lightning zoom
Across the sky in the dark of the night
Zoomity, zoomity, zoom!
CK CK (crackle sound)

God takes care of me
God takes care of me
When I am scared in the thunderstorm
God takes care of me!

(I found this song many years ago in a Sunday School newsletter.  I don't know who wrote it,)



I am very aware that often people are injured or even die in storms.  Does that mean God isn't taking care of them?  I love this quote (I didn't write down where I read it.)

Dietrich Bonhoeffer just before he was hanged by the Nazi's prayed aloud "Oh, God, this is the end; but for me it is just the beginning."

We shouldn't glorify death - Jesus didn't.  He wept over it.  For every beautiful story of people peacefully slipping into eternity, there are other stories of confused and shrunken people, wasting away mentally and physically, leaving behind exhausted, confused, and grief-stricken loved ones.

Death is painful, and it's an enemy.  But for those who know Jesus, death is the final pain and the last enemy.  "For Christ must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.  The last enemy to be destroyed is death."  1 Cor. 15:25-26

Death will usher us into His presence!

------

So, does God take care of us, even if it means death!!  Most assuredly!  I believe we must encourage our children (at their age level) to look forward to their Homeland and to not fear death!

No comments: