Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Our Mudroom

We have a space between our garage and kitchen that is about 48" wide.  We never had anything done with that empty spot because we weren't sure what to do with the space.  We had our house built 11 years ago.  It was time to figure something out!  Several people suggested putting in a mud room like the picture below.  It does look nice.


The problem is, the pictures you see on-line do look so tidy, but in reality, it would be a mess wouldn't it?  A catch-all?  At least I think it would.  In the 70's, people used closets and that hides things, so I was leaning that way. 

In the meantime, we just had a halltree in the space and it was cluttered with lots of coats, purses, shoes, the vacuum, and it just seemed to always be a clutter zone.  How I wish I had taken a before picture!!


I played around with several designs.  I called our builder and got the guy who did our kitchen cabinets to come out and help figure it all out.







I really like how it turned out and I can hide all the clutter!


I didn't tell Allen that the workers were coming that particular day.
  I decided to surprise him when he got home.  
He was sooo very surprised!  And pleased!

No comments: