Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Saturday, October 13, 2018

Indianapolis - True Woman Conference

 The reason for this trip in the first place was that my daughter Jill had asked me if I would like to meet them at the True Woman Conference in downtown Indianapolis.  There were several from their church going.


Oh yes, that would be good to go!
Not only a good conference, but time with Jill and the girls!

 They had a teen track that the girls were able to enjoy.

 Keith and Kristyn Getty were the worship leaders.  They live between Northern Ireland and Nashville and there is a definite Irish accent in her singing!


7,000 women singing praises to the Lord!

 Speakers included Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth


Jackie Hill Perry

                                                                                               Dr. Eric Mason

Mary Kassian, Betsy Gomez, Dannah Gresh and Robyn McKelvy

I LOVED Acts of Renewal professional drama group!

Lunch at Panera's 
 

Sophia with George Washington
(Sophie loves history!)
 
Night view from our room.
Looking for HGTV! 

In the morning, we got ourselves a Starbucks.  "Olivia"?  Doesn't quite sound like Sophia, but oh well.  Have they ever messed up your name?
 
This girl is a FAST walker!  She is used to walking with her 6'4" daddy.  I had to keep telling her "slow down, honey!"


There are many seducing deceivers in the world.  Be vigilant.  Abide, tarry with the Lord.  "His Word is truth!"  Be grounded in truth!

Teach me Your way, O LORD, and I will walk in Your truth. Grant me undividedness of heart so that I may fear Your name.  Psalm 86:11


3 lies we hear:
      #1 - God isn't big enough
      #2 - God isn't interested enough
      #3 - God isn't good enough

Feelings are not an accurate gauge of truth.  
            Emotions are not always reliable.


 Sophia and I went to the mall for lunch.  She had burgers and I had Chinese.
 The line for Chick-Fil-A was crazy long!


Another take away for me:


Snow White's evil stepmother disguised herself as a peddler woman.  She seduced Snow White into taking a bite.  Satan lures us to bite into "apples" too.  Sin looks tempting, doesn't it?
     Materialism, slander, laziness, looking at someone other than your husband, envy, anger, fear, love of self, unforgiveness....
It sure looks good.  Think I'll take a bite of that.  Satan is a good con-artist.  He speaks lies to us all the time.  
The prince came to save Snow White and our Prince has come to rescue us also.




No comments: