Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Pittsfield and Abe Lincoln

I left Curryville around 5:30 and headed for Pittsfield.  I wanted to get there before dark.
I had booked a room at the William Watson Hotel.


There was no one in the lobby when I arrived.
But a room key and note were on the counter.
Lobby


I walked up the stairs to my room. 


On the table was some popcorn with treats and a bottle of water.  No extra charge.


Picture above - This was the court house in Lincoln's day.
Evidences of Abe Lincoln all over.

I decided to take a walk around the square and see what there was.

 I love how these towns have the court house in the
 center of town 
with shops all around it.

This was an Italian restaurant I came across.  I got some food to go. 
 The court house on the walk back to the hotel.


Abe Lincoln and Stephen Douglas would discuss on this courtyard corner.






What a lovely stay!  The mattress was so very comfortable and I had a good night's rest!  I highly recommend a stay here!

No comments: