Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Friday, October 19, 2018

Leaving Ohio

When I got up on the morning I was going to leave, Aunt Wanda was concerned because the fog was thick as soup.  We had our morning devotions, ate some breakfast and talked for nearly an hour.  By that time the fog was letting up a little.

 Good-bye until another time!
When I was a couple of miles out of town, the fog lifted.
I headed south to Highway 36.

 Ohio windmills
As I got into Indiana, I came across a couple of these signs.


I saw evidences of horse poo on the wide buggy lane.  I went off the main road, north and south to see if I could see some Amish folks.




Clothes on the line,
     but not Amish.




Not any Amish names
        in this cemetery.
 All the houses I saw had vehicles in them, although I did come across this horse farm.


Couldn't find any Amish this day.  Hiding perhaps.

I find the group interesting since it is part of our heritage.
And some similarities in the way I was raised.
My laundry room is decorated with several Amish things.

Driving through Noblesville, Indiana I saw this courthouse.
I had to stop!   Don't you just love it???



There were cute shops all around the square so I took a walk.









Continuing on....

Hmmm.  I pulled over to get a picture of this oddity.  A farmer slowed up.
"Need help, Ma'am?"  Friendly, and nice to know kind people are around if I do have car trouble!
"Just getting a photo!  Thanks, anyways!"
I got on Highway 74, a 4 lane highway for awhile.  There was so much construction, I would have been better off staying on the 2 lane highway.  

There were orange barrels for MILES, and 45 mph speed limit, yet the road was only being worked on for about 1 mile of it.  ??  I guess orange is an October color, right??

                                                     

 I made a stop at Starbucks.  My shoulders were in knots.  I found some Salonpas patches and put those on.  Have you ever seen that commercial where this woman sides up to another woman in the grocery store and says "You smell like my Walter!"  Well, I smelled like Walter!


 When I got back to my car, I couldn't find my keys.  

Oops!   Luckily we have keyless entry! 

 I looked on my phone to see about a place to stay in Hannibal, MO.  1 hour away!   There was a bed and breakfast that had 3 rooms and 1 was still available!  I booked it.  I was so ready for a stop and needed a hot tub!



Luxury for these aching muscles!



No comments: