Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Visiting family in Ohio

While in Ohio, I stayed with my Uncle Wally and Aunt Wanda.
They used to be missionaries in Paris.  Doesn't Uncle Wally look French?



 Here is Uncle Mahlon when he visited us in Japan on his way from Korea back to the States. 


Both uncles live in Ohio now.  Uncle Wally's live in town, but Uncle Mahlon lives on the old farmstead.  The house was sold but he still lives on the farm in a newer house.

Here is the old farm house.
My grandparents

The house today

We lived with my grandparents for 6 months in '57 when we were in the States for furlough.





In 1962, Aunt Treva was in Mali, Africa, but the rest of us were able to be together.  With us living in Japan and Uncle Wally's in France, and Aunt Treva in Africa, it was 18 years before all were together again.


The barn today
Uncle Mahlon took me inside.  The smells brought back such fond memories of playing there with my cousins!  Here is a toy that my grandfather carved for the kids to play with.
Uncle Mahlon has been enjoying puzzles.  Of course they are Buckeye fans.  

We watched Ohio vs. Penn State.  Uncle Wally's and I went back to the house and went to bed, thinking Ohio had lost for sure.  In the morning we found out Ohio had made a surprise come back!

We went to church Sunday morning.  
My parents married in this church.


 When I was little I didn't understand why my mother didn't pick ME to be the flower girl!
Uncles  Mahlon and Wally at far left.

1957, brother Doug with Grandpa Geiger.  The well is no longer in front of the church.  Well water there is sulfur water and takes getting used to.  My mother used to tell me she missed it.

 I had a surprise at church!  Uncle Wally and Aunt Wanda were interviewed!  They were asked about their story; how they came to know Christ as Saviour, how they met one another, and their decision to go to France.  What a joy to be there to hear it all!

After their testimony, 3 young people were baptized.  Very sweet!

After church, we walked behind to the cemetery to see Aunt Treva's burial place.


 We also went to see Grandpa and Grandma's gravestone.


In the mornings we had devotions and prayer time.


 Aunt Anne puts raw sugar on top of the creme brulee.
Uncle Wally browns it.

What a precious time with my family!


No comments: