Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Thursday, July 23, 2020

Making it, despite "Wrong Way Elsie"

After a night of sleep, we had breakfast downstairs followed by a little devotion time and prayer together since we would be on the road and not go to church.  Following breakfast, we headed out.

My GPS took us in a wrong direction.  Instead of going over the usual bridge we take over the Mississippi river into Wisconsin, "Wrong Way Ellie" took us over the Highway 20 bridge into Illinois.  We figured the GPS knew a shortcut or something.  We HAD typed in our final destination.  When we realized that our kids' city was getting further away according to the time of arrival listed on the GPS, I knew we needed to turn around.


We took a nice scenic country road on Highway 80 north through Hazel Green and further.


Although "Wrong Way Elsie" had misdirected us, we did enjoy the little detour. I love these off roads and Emeri found them relaxing as well.  In life, it is important to stay on the right path, but on trips, I must say I never am sad about wrong turns!

Psalm 27:11, "Teach me Your way; lead me in a straight path".


Caught up to 151.


I showed Emeri the barn we often go by - a sort of landmark for when we are on 151.  One of these days, this barn will have collapsed.

When we arrived at my daughter's, they were home from church as well.  (They have a 7:30 outdoor service for those not ready for face-to-face meetings or for those who enjoy an early outdoor meeting, followed by an in-door service.)

We went to Gilles Frozen Custard for lunch.  


Similar to Sonic but along with those who wish to sit in their cars to eat, there are several outdoor picnic tables in a park like setting that you can eat at.  We took Kobi along...they give free treats for the dogs.




Hannah showed me her record player.  I brought her some of my records to borrow.  Old 45s and oldies from the 60's and 70's.  Beetles, Simon and Garfunkle, Bee Gees, Beach Boys along with a couple records that belonged to her mother from the 80's.

 Hannah had painted the top of her desk.  I LOVE it!

 The 3 older girls had a babysitting job that evening,

and Jill needed to study (she is working on her masters), so Adam, Claire, Kobi and I went to the park.


 

No comments: