Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Saturday, May 30, 2009

Friends

This morning I was reading John 15:15.
"I have called you friends."
Isn't it remarkable? Amazing!

I have just joined Facebook. I don't really get it. One thing I have noticed is the phrase, so and so "wants to be your friend". Christ wants us to be His! It is so precious to think of it.

It used to be that in Japan, when someone asked you "Can I be your friend", it was quite an honor and responsibility. One you don't take lightly. (Many things have changed in Japan since I lived there, and maybe this has too.) On Facebook, asking someone to be your friend isn't that way. People I don't even know pop up somehow in the internet space and ask to be your friend.

I had to think of Michael Gungor's song, Friend of God. I've been singing it in my head this morning.

I am a friend of God
I am a friend of God
I am a friend of God
He calls me friend.

Who am I that You are mindful of me
That You hear me
When I call
Is it true that You are thinking of me
How You love me
It's amazing

God Almighty
Lord of glory
You have called me friend.


I'll have to figure out Facebook I guess. It seems a little silly. But I know many of you love it and perhaps I'll get hooked. I probably will. But I do love blogging! Infact, I was just thinking how it is really an extension of my ministry as a Nursery Director.

On Sunday morning, when the kids arrive, sometimes they might be fussy, crying. They don't want mommy and daddy to leave them. But to be able to say,

"Taylor, I heard you went to the zoo! You saw those elephants! They are BIG!"
or
"Oliver, you are such a big boy now! Wearing big boy undies!"
or
"Eli, did you go fishing with your Daddy?"

I know these things because of the blog. And I am able to distract the kids and help them to shift their thoughts and forget that mommy and daddy are leaving them in the nursery. They always end up having so much fun! Well, except for Luke last week! Hoping his teeth are better and he'll be full of smiles again tomorrow!

2 comments:

Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

I hope Luke does better tomorrow in the nursery as well :) But, if he doesn't, feel free to bring him to us. As I told you in Wal-Mart the other night, he hasn't had the best of weeks, but so far today (Saturday), he's had a pretty good day. We're still waiting on the pesky tooth to pop through, though. Thanks so much for all you do in the nursery.

Blu-I'd-Blonde said...

Debby: I feel facebook is for our kids, and I always feel kind of old for it. I don't join in the quizzes and questions. I joined it 'cause Amy is on it and I can see how her day is going which helps me know how to pray for her. There are a lot of Tabor alumns there and college friends Amy had at our house often when she was a student at Tabor. Plus, others from Hillsboro I don't see otherwise. It's diff than blogging, for sure. I hope you don't let it take away from your blogging as I enjoy reading your blog.