Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Today is a day we remember -

the men who died so we could have freedoms.

Thank you!



There was One who also died -

that we might have freedom.



************

Foreigners who are in our country have to carry green cards with them. I made my own "green card". I wrote the following words on it to remind myself that although I love my country, my real citizenship is not here - "I'm just a passin' through."

"I am but a foreigner here on earth." Ps. 119:19

"If you call God your Father, live your time as temporary residents on earth." 1 Peter 1:17

"Life is a temporary assignment. Your identity is in eternity, and your homeland is heaven."


*************

We got out the pool.

It has begun to get hot.

Turned on the air conditioner.

The girls helped Papa wash the pick-up.




















Rain is in the forecast.





No comments: