Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Saturday, December 3, 2011

Glory!

The sunsets and sunrises this past week were just glorious!!





It boggles the mind that the Creator of the universe chose to come to earth.
He was given existence by a mother whom He brought into existence;
He was carried in hands which He formed. (Augustine)


On Thursday night, we went with our friends, Gary and Debbe to "The Story" tour in Wichita.




It was a musical journey from Genesis to Revelation featuring Steven Curtis Chapman, Newsboys, Francesca Battistelli, Natalie Grant, my favorite Selah!, and others too along with another of my favorites - Max Lucado. The songs touched my soul.

The song about Adam and Eve - "If I could, I would rewrite history. I'd choose differently if I could, I would. I'd leave out the part where I broke Your heart in the garden's shade. Fix the mess I made if I could.

Daniel - "Feed me to the lions. Throw away the key. How will they deny Who delivers me? How could I love another? My knees bow only to One Name!

Esther - There's a time to hold your tongue, time to keep your head down, There's a time but it's not now. Sometimes you gotta go, uninvited, sometimes you gotta speak when you don't have the floor.

Job - If one more person takes my hand and tries to say they understand, tells me there's a bigger plan....But who am I to make demands of the God of Abraham?.. Will You hold me? Will You stay? So I can raise this broken praise?


We are getting ready to celebrate a birthday party for the Saviour!!



This was the set that we had growing up. Mom let us play with it and the ears of the cow and donkey are broken off. I treasure it!





We have too many stockings to hang at the fireplace so we have them all around the banister.



These little angels and choir children are from the little Christian bookstore in Miyazaki, Japan.

We had one of these too. The little angels make a tinkling sound as they go around and around. I got this at the Christian bookstore here in Newton.
My mom found this Bible for me. Printed in 1883! In German.



My Dad made one of these yule logs when we lived in Japan. We light a candle each week in anticipation of that birth date. He made this yule log for me since I wanted to keep up the tradition.


We met pain in a garden where we lived a lie
We met hope in a manger and a baby's cry
Rescued by hand's bleeding grace
Are we ready to see His face?
On the great day He will come to claim us with a rushing wind
One day Love will wear the crown
One day Love will set us free

He will be King
He will be King!

2 comments:

The Sieberts said...

i absolutely LOVED the concert. i about broke down when they played the story of Job...so powerful!

More than just okay said...

The concert was so amazing. I usually have a hard time "just" watching, but the videos captured me. I was very glad I'd restocked my purse with Kleenex. I cried and cried.

You have a lovely home. It must be a joy to decorate for Christmas. We found a nativity for the littles to play with in a box Brad's Mom sent home this summer. She LOVES it. Though I'm not sure if we'll find all the pieces when it's time to pack up.

And I have been blessed by some gorgeous sunrises this past week. Sun's coming up as I start my commute. Lovely, but I can't take pics while I'm driving. I go too fast. :-D