Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Saturday, December 8, 2012

Showers

No, not rain showers.  One can only hope.  We are in extreme drought conditions here in Kansas.
But there was no shortage of baby and wedding showers today!  I was invited to 3 of them!

The first shower was in the morning -  for this sweet young mom-to-be.  Heather was in our young couple's community life group that Al and I led for 3 years.  Here was the invitation.  Very sweet!!


The young women in charge asked if I would give the devotional.  I incorporated my gift to Heather with the devotional. 
1.  Some baby spoons to encourage them not only to feed Baby Olson with nourishing food, but with the Word of God.
2.  Some safety plug-ins to protect the baby from putting things in outlets.  And an encouragement to protect him/her by praying for them. 

"Pour out your heart like water before the face of the Lord.  Lift up your hands toward Him for the life of your young children."  Lamentations 2:19

I also gave her this wonderful book.


3.  Last, I gave her a couple of blankets as a reminder to cover the baby with Christ's love, an unconditional love no matter what.

To finish our time, we surrounded Heather and using 3x5 Scripture cards, we prayed for the Baby and for Andy and Heather.


At 2:00, I was invited to 2 showers, so I had to split up the time between both.  The first shower was for Sarah.  She is having twins!  A boy and a girl!  Sarah has worked in the nursery with me at church for many years!  From before she was even married.  I watched her romance with JR blossom.  We will miss her when she takes a break from teaching the Ladybug class!


We played "The Price is Right".  We had to guess prices of items on a tray.  Sarah's sister, Melody, is a super shopper and found such bargains on the things on the tray.  I was way off on my guesses! 


 Psalm 139 - For you created my inmost being;
             you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
       I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
                 your works are wonderful,
            I know that full well.
      My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place,
              when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
     Your eyes saw my unformed body;
                all the days ordained for me were written in your book
                          before one of them came to be.
      How precious to me are your thoughts,God!
            How vast is the sum of them!



I hated having to leave early, but I also wanted to go to this girl's bridal shower!  We have been family friends for many years.  These kids were in school with our kids.

 Congratulations, Karen!! 

As I was leaving the house where the shower was, I noticed this beautiful lamp!!  Oh my goodness!
LOVE!

 


What a fun day.  I didn't get my house cleaned like I had planned, but how special to go and share the joy of these 3 young ladies!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I didn't know Sarah was pregnant! And twins! How exciting for them! I'll be curious to see if they are little red heads! :)