Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Thursday, May 15, 2014

Sweet babies

My last 2 blogs were about our young mom's Bible study group.  I LOVE this group of women!  I am posting this blog to ask anyone who reads this to be in prayer.

Recently, as the end of the year tradition, we had a couple of play dates.  A few days afterwards, some of the children (5 now) have come down with E.Coli.   They all have had various complications.  One was not severe at all, but 2 ended up in the hospital.  One child was released today, but sweet little Kayla has turned worse.  She is now fighting HUS - Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome, a complication from E.Coli 0157-H7.



Today her kidneys quit working.   She went through her first round of dialysis to help her kidneys get back up and functioning.

Would you PLEASE PRAY for this child?  And for her family.  The parents are Justin and Kari.  They need strength and endurance.  They are having trouble sleeping.  You can only imagine the anxiety, the not knowing.  You can ask to join a prayer group for her on facebook.  Look up "Praying for Kayla".

And pray for the other children who have symptoms; diarrhea, vomitting, fever.

One little boy's family was headed to Colorado for vacation and have turned around to come back as he turned ill.

Here are some pictures from the play dates.








Such precious children!  

As Sarah and I drove to the hospital today, we read some promises from the Lord and prayed for them.


Psalm 18:6
But in my distress I cried out to the LORD; yes, I prayed to my God for help. He heard me from his sanctuary; my cry to him reached his ears.

Isaiah 43:1  
“Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
    I have called you by name; you are mine.

Isaiah 16:8
I know the Lord is always with me.
    I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.

John 14:27
“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.

Would you pray with us?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting so our small group can pray