Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Friday, June 13, 2014

Stinky




The other day, I thought
"There is something in this kitchen that STINKS!!!"

I thought it might be something in the fridge.  I cleaned it out
shelf by shelf.
Threw out some things and added baking soda.

Maybe it was the cabbage.  I had eaten up the cauliflower so I knew it wasn't that, although that sure can get to smelling bad when it is in the fridge too long.  The cabbage didn't smell, but just in case it was getting old, I cut it up along with some onion, carrots and made some oyakodonburi, one of my Japanese favorites.

The house was getting this wonderful aroma from 
the oyako but in this corner it
still smelled!


I cleaned the cabinet, counter top and fridge door.

And swept and mopped the floor.

Still smelled.

I emptied the garbage can and bleached it out.


Where was this odor???

I went back inside the fridge.  

It was definitely from there.  I looked through all my "tupperware"s again.  And this time I discovered it.  It was some left over black beans!  They weren't that old either but pew!!!

I threw it down the disposal and then added some ice-cubes that had lemon slices in it to freshen that up.

Lemon ice cube trays! I'm so excited!!


In my life, do I sometimes have something that "smells"?
A rude attitude, being too busy for someone, selfishness, a little unkind word.


Our lives are a Christ-like fragrance rising up to God. 2 Corinthians 2:15

 Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God.  Ephesians 5:2


Click here for a Oyako donburi recipe



No comments: