Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Monday, June 9, 2014

The garden

It can be a lot of work to take care of one's yard.
When we had little children, we didn't take much time to do that.
But now we have a little more time to devote to it -
and really, it is kind of fun!
We are novices at it, but we are learning.





 There is always lots of weeding to be done.

In particular from seeds from the bird feeders.
Even from the no mess, no waste seeds.

There is a sparrow who is insistent that she wants to build her nest in the feeder!
Wouldn't that be a good spot?!  
She could have her nest and have her buffet right there!
Goodness.  I am cleaning that out each day.


I forgot to prune back a weigela plant last spring.  
It is best to prune them after they have finished blooming.  
This is because weigela bloom on wood that is a year old.
Well, my weigela looked BAD.  It needed pruning.  Lots of bare branches with just a few leaves on the end. But below all that awful, scraggly mess was a beautiful bush.  So it had to be trimmed.

Much better!
It reminded me of John 15:1,2
I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 
He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, 
while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes 
so that it will be even more fruitful. 

Isn't it interesting that He has to prune branches that BEAR fruit!

 We weeded and re-potted and worked for some time.  I began with my gloves on but as time went on, somehow I took them off.
Not too smart on my part.
I ended up with a blister.

I wonder, when God works on me, pruning and weeding
 what needs to be cleaned out,
does He get "blisters"?  Does He hurt?

See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands... Isaiah 49:16  
In Ezekiel 6 and in many other passages, God says 
"...how I have been grieved by their adulterous hearts."
He wants our hearts!  How He loves us!







I come to the garden alone 
While the dew is still on the roses 
And the voice I hear falling on my ear 
The Son of God discloses. 

Refrain: 
And He walks with me, and He talks with me, 
And He tells me I am His own; 
And the joy we share as we tarry there, 
None other has ever known. 

He speaks, and the sound of His voice, 
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing, 
And the melody that He gave to me 
Within my heart is ringing. 

Refrain 

I'd stay in the garden with Him 
Though the night around me be falling, 
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe 
His voice to me is calling. 

Refrain

1 comment:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Really beautiful, Debby! It's so much work, but so rewarding.