Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Friday, October 17, 2014

Yard work

We got a call early one day.
"Can you come help us with some yard work?"

 Happy to help!

Hannah likes to climb up high in the evergreen! 


 The girls decided to play sword fighting.

 The chrysalis of a praying mantis!

Adam decided Hannah is big enough to mow.





Sophia loves to wear her "glasses".  
She doesn't need real ones.
These are just plain glass.
Sometimes she puts them on the top of her head, like I do.
She tells me she is like me.

I think it is just so cute that she wants to be like me.  God wants us to be godly - to take on His values, His attitudes and character.  We are meant to  "take on an entirely new way of life—a God-fashioned life, a life renewed from the inside and working itself into your conduct as God accurately reproduces his character in you." (Ephesians 4:22 The Message)

She wants to be like me because she loves me.  Why?  Because I pour out my love for her! 

1 John 4:19We love him, because he first loved us.

 Christ loves us and because of our love for Him, we want to be like Him!  



And it takes a lot of pruning on His part!  Allow that!

‘I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.'  John 15

No comments: