Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Sunday, December 20, 2015

Moving

A couple of weeks ago, we drove out to Colorado to see our daughter.
 I always wonder about old farm buildings and wish I knew the history.



 We took a different route this time, turning off after Limon and going into South Denver.

It really was quite pretty and we didn't have to contend with rush hour traffic through Denver.

There was a cute little coffee shop along the way too.



Mindy had just moved and needed some help with hanging 
some pictures and such.
So "handy man" Dad came to the rescue!

Mindy was pretty amazing and not afraid of heights!


We went out to eat and I tried something I have never had before.
An egg on a burger???  I said I would be brave enough to try it.
Not sure what I thought about it.

The next day we took a day trip into the mountains.




I raise my eyes toward the mountains.
    Where will my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
    the maker of heaven and earth.  Ps. 121

Such beauty!!



cute mountain town of  Idaho Springs


We don't believe in superstition!


That evening we went out with 2 of Mindy's good friends.
How grateful I am to God for these friends of hers!
 And all too soon, it was time to head back to Kansas.
 Goodbye mountains and bluffs.



It was super duper windy as we drove home and tumbleweeds were flying across the road like crazy.  Trucks were having trouble staying upright.  Rather scary drive!

 I wish they would invent a flying car so we could get to Denver and back in short order!  Maybe someday?



No comments: